Anyone have suggestions???

I need suggestions for hiding DD's self hair cut. She cut an area of hair about an inch long in the front of her hair. Her hair looks like Joe Dirt's in that area. Since she will be in lots of pictures for Christmas I need a way to hide it other than hats.

LolosMom

Asked by LolosMom at 7:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sorry for laughing, it felt good though after my day. my dd just did the same thing. LOL. i just tried to layer it to blend in.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 7:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• a bow! or ribbons
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You may want to take her to a beauty parlor and ask them if there is anyway they can style her hair.
    Slynnguinn

Answer by Slynnguinn at 7:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• First off as a cosmetologist I would explain the dangers of cutting your own hair. Try not to laugh, I have had to tell many kids this becaise the parents couldnt do it. Second you could take her to a salon and have them blend in the layers, if that doesnt work then bows and ribbons are a good option.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree. First bring her in to see if they can make it a little better... and then bows, ribbon, clips, headbands...
    Maybe they can suggest something since they will be able to see how bad the "damage" is.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It's too close to her forehead for bows, ribbons, headbands, or clips. It is also too short to turn it into bangs. I uploaded a couple pics of it to my profile if anyone wants to look and offer more suggestions. I am gonna take her to see a hairdresser to see if there is anything that can be done.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• How funny! Personally, I would not hide a self hair cut. When my child is older it will be a true and accurate relection of what he looked like at that particular time and on that specific day. And I have had some oops momments with my son. I shaved him bald...I mean cue ball bald. He went from a 'fro to nothing. Plus we have the pictures. True it is unpleasent and painful, particularly since I did it, but it is a part of my history as well as my son's. If you have to hide it - a stylish hat. There are many many in hats to wear and festive for the season. Any Target or trendy store for kids will have a few to try on. Good luck. But also do try to remember this will be funny when you are showing pics to her future husband. Ten years from now, even a year from now, this self cut will really not matter.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2008