Lower right abdominal pain in 10yr old girl?

My niece who lives with us is having sharp pains in her right side and my first thought was appendix but she doesn't have the sypmtoms of what it says she will have. My question for anyone who is on is should I just take her to urgent care thinking it's gas or should I go straight to the ER so they will be able to run tests? If I do go to urgent care and they say she needs tests they will send us to ER. I am worried but hopeing its just trapped air or gas in there. She has been to the bathroom and went but she said it didnt ease the pain. And she has the pain constantly! She also had it yesterday but it came and went that y we thought it was gas. But today it is constant and nothing takes the pain away. Thanks for any help ladies!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 11:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It could be her ovaries waking up.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• Does it hurt her if you press on it? If it hurts when you press on the area, I'd say take her to the ER. Better to be safe than sorry!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 11:38 AM on Jul. 26, 2011

• I would take her to the er.
    Has she had her first period yet?
    Has she eaten anything unusual for her diet.
    Does she do sports?
    Has she been drinking plenty of water?
    You see there are to many things to be addressed. There is usually fever with appendicitus but some people run very low grade fevers as a general part of their make up.
    Go to the er and ease you mind and her pain.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2011

• I took her to the ER and they said it was just cramping. Her urine was clean and the pains got alot better by the time we got there! She is doing better it was alittle worse not to long after the doc checked her but they are sure it isnt appendix. So she will take the pills that disolve under her tounge when the cramping comes back. Thanks for everyones help!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2011

• It could be her ovulating. I know i can feel it happening every month, on either side. Has she started developing yet? If so, then maybe she will be starting her period, i bet, in ike 2 weeks.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Thanks hun ya I have been waiting for it to happen. She has been developed for awhile now and her mom started early so it won't surprise me at all! Thanks for your help.
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2011