• In the Spotlight:

Is pregnancy possible?

I had a miscarriage Nov. 10th. I got my period Dec. 8th. Today is CD12. Yesterday and today my bbs have been really sore. They feel like they did during my first pregnancy. Are sore bbs a symptom of ovulation or could I be pg already? I just read that some people actually became pg during or just after their periods, that's why I'm asking. I intend to get a test tomorrow, so please don't tell me to do that. I'm just asking for opinions or others' experiences - is it possible that I could be pg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• its possible. Its more likely that you are ovulating though. It's "possible" for women to get prego during their period but its not to common. Sore breasts is a very common sight effect of ovulation. Wish you the best. Maybe you'll get a christmas suprise =D. Good Luck!!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 7:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It's not true that you can actually get pregnant while on your period. It is,true, however that you can have sex at the end of your period and if the sperm has a healthy enough environment to thrive in and you do ovulate early there is the chance that you could conceive from that. For example, you can have sex on a Monday and not actually conceive for until a few days later. But you do not ovulate while on your period. Some women can experience ovulation bleeding, but I think that is rare. It takes about 7-10 days for the fertilized egg to implant, which is what releases the hormones in order for you to have symptoms. So unless you ovulated like right in the middle of your menstruation (which I've heard doesn't happen because you don't have the right hormones for it to happen) your probably not. But I'm not a doc and I don't know your cycles and how they work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've been researching this over and over again. I had a miscarriage on November 21st and I didn't get my period until 12/17, but it slowed down and started back up. And I'm still bleeding today. You can get pregnant during your period, if you have short cycles or you have long periods. I've met people who did get pregnant during their periods, well conceived during them. I've been taking ovulation prediction tests and I actually got a positive test, so there is a chance you can ovulate during your period, which means there is a chance you could be pregnant.

I don't want to get your hopes down, but I wanted to be pregnant so bad after the miscarriage and I made myself believe I had the physical symptoms of it, I was over analyzing every little thing. I would keep on examining the hpts and everything. I had my period come and I was devastating. But I hope the best for me and you! Please keep me updated!

Kristen
    Mommyto2LilBoys

Answer by Mommyto2LilBoys at 12:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2008