Asked earlier...

What do contractions feel like? Also, How do you know they are the real thing?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They feel different for everyone in intensity-some women are bothered alot some only a little. it is like really bad period cramps or when you have to have a bowel movement. just much stronger.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Opps sorry forgot to answer second part. Ok they are real when1. they are more intense than normal, 2. last more than 1 minute, 3. come in regular intervals, like every ten mins, or every 5(btw if it is every 5 go to hospital NOW) good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• They feeeel ouchy. You'll know.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• False Labor = Braxton Hicks Contractions are usually weak and do not get much stronger. Or they may be strong at first and then get weaker.

Real Contractions steadily increase in strength usually start in the lower back and move to the front of the abdomen

Here is a helpful link to you hon,Good luck & Happy Holidays!
    http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/true-false-labor

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Have you had BH? I didn't think I would know what contractions would feel like, but boy! do you know when they hit. I felt like I was going to start my period the cramping and tightening was so bad. And they don't stop. But really if you fear them or freak out, it makes it worse. Embrace them as they way you are going to meet your baby and they are not that bad.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008