Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i asked.... my ds was shocked...help

My ds was trying to plug up the christmas tree and got shocked.
He cried for a min but is fine now. He has really been winnie today tho.

Was i expose to call the pedi or what?
AND
how do i keep him from unpluging and pluging it up...w.o a gate

 
mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

Level 9 (305 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I got shocked when I was little by a dryer. My sister got shocked by a plug in and my DH got shocked by a fence. I think it's fine as long as there is no burns shocks usually aren't no big deal.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • check him for burns. You will just have to stay on him if you dont a gate
    or rig it so the plugs are not accesable to him.
    salexander

    Answer by salexander at 7:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • He is probably fine. If it was a big enough shock you would know and calling the doctor would be second on the list after taking him to the ER.

    A good way to get him to stop doing that is tell him no, or get up and get him away from it. Sometimes a good lil swat on the but or hand does the trick.
    Geminus

    Answer by Geminus at 7:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • he was doing very good at leaving it alone.

    my dh was up with them this morning since my hours are 9pm-7am so i sleep to 2pm.

    he has no burns tg. just really whinny all day like i said. I guess i am going to tell dh dont plug it in i will when i wake up
    mama2twins07

    Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • I just had CPR and being shocked was brought up. A shock such as sticking a key in an electric socket could cause damage that would show up later. So the recommendation was to watch them when they fall asleep. Having just had the class, I think I would call the pediatrician or the ER and ask their advice.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 8:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • i bet he wont do it again after being shocked, i hope hes gonna be okay.
    jbirchard

    Answer by jbirchard at 8:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • I'd actually go see the doctor, especially if you have insurance. They can do an EKG and monitor the his heart to make sure it didn't mess with it. That was the first thing we did if anyone came in saying they were shocked!
    britni11

    Answer by britni11 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

Next question in Just for Fun
Describe your MIL in 1 word?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Asked earlier...

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN