Hair cut nightmare

My 4 yo dd just cut her own hair. How do I hide it for Christmas pictures? It is a good sized patch that is now about an inch long, and she has long hair. It is also right at the front of her head on the right side. It reminds me of Joe Dirt's hair. Please help

LolosMom

Asked by LolosMom at 8:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Can you curl it in ringlets?
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• A bow?
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• When my son cut my daughter's hair I brought her to a salon that does children. The hairdresser was able to cut her hair in a way that kept the length but hid what my son did.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Just pin her hair back and spray it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Have her wear a head band but make sure you comb it back while damp add moose and add the head band then spray very good after all this is only for the picture then you can wash it out. Not too slick though.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh god...they all do it, don't they! Yours just happens to time hers impeccably! I would take her to the salon and see what they can do. Maybe they could do a side bang or something to hide it. Other than that, even though it seems bad now, I would get some pics because it will be one of those things you want to remember later...and be sure to put it in your "embarrassing pictures for her graduation party" pile.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my mil and I have pretty much ruled out bangs, headbands, clips, and bows. I have pics of it on my profile. It is too close to her forehead. We are gonna see a hairdresser to see what if anything can be done.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Im a hair dresser turned consultant. Sometimes the home cut isnt something anyone can actually do anything with. Hairdresser cant always work miracles. Sorry sweetie, but if you cant figure something out, sometimes the hairdresser cant eighter...have her look before she charges you anything, if shes a good hairdresser, she'll offer advice without a service unless a service is actually needed. Some of my best pics are of my childrens home haircuts they gave to themselves or to each other....at a particular event that they thought "they" were getting ready for. at the time i was mortified, but now that they are grown, the pics marked a very important time that we all remember because of it. LOL! all is not really lost, time will be a great reminder.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 7 YO cut her own hair when she was 5... it was waist length blond and beautiful, she "trimmed" it herself in her closet one day with a pair of safety scissors! My mom's hairdresser turned it into a bob that was stacked in the back and my god did she look so much better! (besides the long hair was a nightmare to take care of, no matter how careful she was eating it eventually got into her longer hair!). She's worn it that way for the past two years and loves it!
    This might turn into a good thing :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2008