Has anyone heard any other possible reasons for a 2nd trimester miscarriage other than an incompetent cervix?

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks and this was devistating to me and my husband. Since I had progessed into my second trimester, we thought everything was okay.
I had quick random sharp pains throughout the weekend. All day Monday I had no pains at all, but that night, when I was walking around the house, Istarted having heavy contractions and delivered our little girl at 10:00 that night.

mhenry08

Asked by mhenry08 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• actually I have heard of 1 other way (I'm sure there are others but here's one I know of)
    you can miscarry 2nd trimester if you contract Parvo. been around any puppies lately?
    Anonymous

• cont.- note if a human contracts parvo, it does nothing to you but it can affect your fetus.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, but I am so sorry for your loss.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I just wanted to add that I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have an answer either.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• There are a few different things that can cause second trimester loss, including placental abrubtion, infection and a few genetic defects. Have you talked to your doctor?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 9:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i think you are referring to parvo (fifths disease) it has nothing to do with parvo that puppies get. it is a rash that humans get mostly children and pregnant women shouldnt be around it
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• There are many, many different reasons, did your dr. give you any information? It could have been a genetic abnormality, one of the trisomy abnormalities, placental problems, there is no possible way to even list them here. Sometimes, even dr.'s cannot give you the answer. I am sorry for your loss.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008