Getting frustrated...

Me and my DH have been TTC for almost 8 months now to no avail. I am so frustrated and am ready to give up. If I do not get pregnant this month, I am going to buy an at home ovulation test kit. Any suggestions on the brand to buy? This is the last straw...if this doesn't work, I am giving up and my son will just be my only baby!!

bdmartin_81

Asked by bdmartin_81 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Four years ago my husband and I decided that we were ready to have a baby. We found out that we were pregnant a month of trying. We were excited and could not believe how easy that was. two months later there were some complications and I lost the baby. It took me 9 months before I concieved again. In January of 05 I was about I decided that I could not take the stress anymore. I remember praying about it. I then walked away not thinking about getting pregnant anymore. I knew that if having children was in Gods plan, that it would happen. Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Now I have two beautiful daughters. Maybe if you would just didn't think about is too much. Good luck and I pray that you will have another baby soon!
    blessedmom0508

Answer by blessedmom0508 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Maybe giving up will do the trick. Everyone told me to stop thinking about it because when you dont get stressed about it is when it will happe. After a year of trying mu now husband and I were arguing and at a point where we could possibly split up so we obviously werent trying then and a few weeks after getting "back together", I found out I was pregnant.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i wish i had your issue.... i can think about getting pregnant and BAM!!! I agree with the above post maybe just stop trying so hard maybe the stress is getting in the way!! i hope you are blessed with a baby soon!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Stop stressing! My husband and I tried for 2 1/2 years. We went on fertility drugs (Clomid) for 3 months and then I stopped them because I didn't want to take them longer than that. Two months later we decided we were going to do Invitro. I stopped stressing about it and the month before we were going to do Invitro we were pregnant!
    Anonymous

• I don't know sweetie, but I know how you feel. Dh and I have two beautiful children together and had no trouble at all conceiving either one. Now we have been trying for #3 for almost a year with nothing. I know that it is very difficult. As far as the OPK, I only tried them once and found them very frustrating (you have to test at least once a day starting at CD 9 and the lines can be hard to decipher. If you don't test at the right time of day, and you have no way of knowing when that time is, then you may never get a positive even if you are ovulating), I don't even chart, I can just tell by my EWCM and other symptoms (tender breasts, being emotional for a day or two) try fertility friend.com or something like that that helps you get in touch with your body and know when you are ovulating without spending the money on OPK's. I suppose the not thinking about it thing might work, but hasn't for me so far.
    nicole0005

Answer by nicole0005 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Just remember that for the average woman with no problems it takes an AVERAGE of 6 months to concieve. You should be charting your temps at the very least. That way you know if you are ovulating. Use http://www.fertilityfriend.com Theyhave tons of articles you can read and are a great charting website.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008