Books....

Me and my sister are getting really big on reading. We are currently finishing the Twilight series. Do you know of any good seires? Thank you.

Mary_CoreysMom

Asked by Mary_CoreysMom at 9:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Entertainment

• Try....One For The Money by Janet Evanovich. There are 14 in the series (so far) and the books are about a Bounty Hunter (if you could call her that...LOL) named Stephanie Plum. There are chat rooms about these books..they're a blast also!. I've gotten so many people to read them and everyone's always really enjoyed them. I kid you not....they are PEE YOUR PANTS FUNNY! I've never laughed so much and out loud while ready a book....I laughed this way the entire 14 book series. Hope you try them...they're great...GL and Happy Reading : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Laurel K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series. Her Anita Blake series is good too but I like Merry's story line better ;o)
    Anonymous

• I love "a child called it". There are 2 or 3 after that called "the lost boy", "a man named dave", and I think there another one.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm a BIG reader and I've got other suggestions also....I won't take up space here so you can PM me if you'd like...smiles!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• well i'm not into the whole vampire thing but the tudor legacy series by philipa gregory (the other boleyn girl is in this series)... i didn't think i would like historical fiction... but it was great! someone recommended the janet evanovich series with the bounty hunter. i've read all of those too... super funny, and quick reads... but i'll admit, i read them all in a row... i was done with it by book 14... maybe read a few, read something else and go back...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Skipped Parts by Tim Sandlin, there are two sequels and I heard another one coming. Skipped Parts is also a movie. I love his books. Another great book is Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It isn't a series but a great book.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• These aren't fantasy, but Edna Buchanan writes a series on a crime reporter named Brit Montero that I really enjoy. I also like the Alex Delaware character that Jonathan Kellerman writes. The Poirot series by good 'ol Agatha Christie is good as well.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

I read them all at once also and wish I hadn't of. I discovered her when the 13th book came out...lol. Definitely read a couple and jump to a different author/book and then go back to the others later. You'll enjoy them better....good idea pp : ) I'd forgotten about that.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The " A Child Called It" is a great series but be prepared it is an emotionally difficult read, but in the end it is def worth it. And James Patterson's Alex Cross series.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If you like cats, Marian Babson has a mystery series about cats, starting with Murder at the Cat Show. The stories are fun, and the kitties are endearing.
    Donna Andrews has a mystery series with birds in the titles. Murder With Peacocks is the first. The characters are very entertaining.

Answer by Bmat at 11:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2008