when did you start your baby on cereal?

Moma_bear

Asked by Moma_bear at 9:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can start your baby on cereal at 5 to 7 months on what your baby is doing and how their health is. Hope that will help you.
    annette51408200

Answer by annette51408200 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My day care babies usually start Rice Cereal at around 4 months old. That's after breast milk or formula isn't completely satisfying them and the Doctor gives the okay to the Mom's.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I started mine at 4 months, he's eating fruits and veggies now (he's 5 months)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 9:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• 5 ,6 months

Answer by louise2 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I started my oldest on cereal at 10 days old (on pedi's advice) and the rest at 1 month old. They are all perfectly healthy.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my son was almost 4 months old. i wish i waited though he is a very good eater... i thought he was hungry. first time mom breast feeding didn't know and doc. said i could. i know now to trust the baby he will eat when he's hungry and not eat when's he not. he does really well with it, just wish i kept him a baby a little longer, something more i have to worry about. try not to rush...
    Anonymous

• I started around 4 months, waited a week and tried again, waited a week and she ate. She was really excited and tried to eat, she just wasn't able to swallow yet. But she loved playing so the first two times I was just seeing how she'd react. After that she ate realy well. She just hated it watery. I made it thicker and she scarfed it down. It's more about abilities than age. when they are moving their mouth and it looks like chewing motions and when they swallow instead of spitting the food out, then you can work on the feeding. Just let your child lead the way.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• 10 months
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• We started at 4 months.... breastmilk wasn't making him happy anymore... so I talked to his pediatrician and they said it was fine and to hold off on other foods until he was older.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i started round 4mos
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2008