if my doctor feels the baby's head during a pelvic exam have i lost my mucus plug

hazelhoney

Asked by hazelhoney at 9:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I really don't believe one has to do with the other. The Cervix should be preparing for labor and makes it easier for them to feel what is going on up there. I was really aware of losing mine with my first and swear that I didn't with my second. You don't have to to go into labor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• why didn't you ask your doc while he was "up there/ With ds I never noticed a mucus plug at all. Just call doc's office and tell them your concrens then you don't have to worry.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• no it doesnt mean that. whe i had my cervix checked she said the baby is head down but i have not lost my mucus plug yet. so no it doesnt mean that
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Not necessarily. When the doc did my first exam at 36 weeks, he could feel the head, but I didn't lose my plug until I was almost 39 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2008