checking the cirvex

when dose ur doc start chacking to see if u are dilated

and how often does he do it

im 31 weeks
also im seeing my doc every 3 weeks is that normal or could it just be because of the holidays??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Trust me, you don't want them to until later lol...it's not fun. And every 3 weeks is ok. At 36 weeks they'll have you start going every week. Thats' when my doc started checking me
    Anonymous

• If you had a potential problem, they would tell you. My Doc starts checking me at 37 weeks unless I have preterm labor (which I usually do)
    I also agree with PP. It isn't fun.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• thats normal... i am 32 weeks today and i have an appt mon then after that the next one is in 2 weeks and then after that it is every week.

yeah its weird when they check your cervix... i had it done yesterday for preterm labor and ew its weird and uncomfy
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i know it sucks iv all ready had it done cuz they thought i was in preterm labor my sister and i were just fighting about it and wanted to know
    Anonymous

• between 36 and 37 wks..they start seeing you every week from wk 36 and on sometimes 37. and the doc will check you every time once you start going every wk
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Never for me, through my pregnancies.
    Because it tells you absolutely nothing significant, it's worth considering avoiding them. (What's worse, is having an expectation from the result.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i never got checked on my weekly appointments. i was a week late with both my boys, and didnt ever get checked till i was in labor.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008