I want to stock up on diapers for life. Ok maybe not for life but for awhile. So tell me on average what should i expect a day. I'm thinking maybe 14. What do i need to buy?

Diapers, how many on average, stock pile

GoldieLocks18

Asked by GoldieLocks18 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just a suggestion but dont buy too much of a brand cause you never know if they will be allergic or grow out faster than expected..... but in the begiining its about 10 day atleast for me and it is still about the same.....
    tierrarutledge

Answer by tierrarutledge at 11:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• on average a nb has 8-10 a 6mo old 5-8 a 1 yr old 4-6 a 2 yr old 4 good wet ones. Unless they are sick with the runs then double even triple the number
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Yeah, children change so fast... One day they may wake up, literally, and totally NOT fit into a size 3 diaper.

Then what do you do when you have 3 more boxes of that size left??
    I think it's good to have a good supply on hand, but you don't want to have to much, just because they may out grow them before you know it.

Also about 10-14 diapers seemed to be about the average for me....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Get a couple packs of "newborn" size and a 4 or 5 packs of size 1. Do NOT open the newborn size - your baby may be too big. If the packs aren't opened, you can always exchange them for the bigger size.
    You can pick a brand and buy just that brand or buy a small package of several different brands. Each brand has it's "features" and each fits slightly differently. Pampers & Luvs are the same manufacture and both are slightly scented. Neither Huggies or Huggies Supreme are scented. Many of the store brands have pretty good reputations too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would try the cheap brand from walmart then buy 4 packs of size 1 then 4 of 2 and so forth. If she/he grows out take them back and exchange for larger size, but why would yo want to buy diapers 4 life anyways?
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 10:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008