how old to most todder sleep frist time on todder bed?

My son still sleep on crib, could I pay bed for my 13 month old son or too soon? most Im worry if he fall because he roll over while he sleeping or move body.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When they start to climb out of the crib or at two.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I moved both of my boys out of the crib around 18 months.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my boys were 15months.
    just worked for us.
    besides that we had to break the crib zander got his leg stuck
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Most parents will tell you to move him when he starts to climb. Most baby books will tell you to find a way to prevent the climbing and leave him until he is 2.5 or 3 years.
    It's up to you to decide how mature your child is. Will he wander out of his room all evening to see what you are doing? Will he explore the kitchen at 2am when you are asleep? Will he figure out how to unlock the front door and go exploring outside? If you lock him in his room, will he play with his toys all night? Will he climb the furniture and swing from the clothes in the closet?
    In general, if you are not willing to put him in his room for 2 hours of playtime without any supervison from you, then he needs to be in a crib. Because that's what he'll do at night, play without you there to protect him.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• We put our girls in a toddler bed at 2 years - but that was just because we moved a long distance away and sold our cribs and didn't want to buy new ones! If we hadn't moved I would've kept them in their cribs way longer.
    doublethejoy616

Answer by doublethejoy616 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It all depends on when YOU want to put him in a bed. Put pillows on the floor in case he falls out. And yes..he will fall out, but it's part of learning to stay in bed, much in the way falling down is part of learning to walk.

We moved ours to beds at 15 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Mine started sleeping in her bed @ 16 months. It took some time, I crawled in there with her for a while and also bought toddler protecters to put up. Those are great, just take them down when not needed.Make it fun,like with a flashlight and a book under the covers.
    onlyparent02

Answer by onlyparent02 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my oldest never slept in his crib (priemie slept with mommy cause i was afraid he would stop breathing) but went in to his own bed at 20 months and my youngest just went into a bed at 18 months--best sleep hes ever got and for the first time slept through the night on his own and in his bed for past two nights in a row!!!
    scooter3017

Answer by scooter3017 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Thank to all MOMS and happy holiday
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 6:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• 15 month to up, My son get his frist bed as 16 month. He now 2 years old still use small bed.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 11:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009