stomach virus

my 4 month old has a stomach virus, formula will not stay down. the doctor told me to give her an oz or two of water. she is sooooo hungry. she has been crying for hours now. i tried to give her just like an oz of formula, but it came right back up !!! i have no idea what to do at this point, any ideas?

lilredsfrm67

Asked by lilredsfrm67 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your pedi again.
    Anonymous

• they returned my call a few minutes ago and said to just stick to the water. their main concern is that she keeps wetting her diaper so they know she is not dehydrated.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Give pedialyte.
    And if she really wants to eat, try a Soy or Lactose free formula in her same brand and give half strength so 4 oz water to 1 scoop formula but only give an ouce or two
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son had the virus and still does....He was throwing up very badly and had (has) diaherrea very bad. His bottles were going straight through him and he was screaming from his belly hurting. I took him to the doctors and they gave him something to make the diaherrea slow down. I am also doing Pedialyte...Get the unflavored and a pack of sugar free kool aid, mix them and if your baby takes just 2 tablespoons of it, that will be enough to keep her hydrated.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2008