Does anyone else remember candidates whoppers during the campaign?

I'm not bashing Obama and I know they all let some whoppers out during the election, but the one I was talking about with my dad tonight was when Obama said his parents met at the Selma March (which took place 4 years after he was born).

I know there were more from all the candidates, and I've been trying to think of some of the other good ones. I don't think anyone was innocent this time around! lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Joe Biden commenting on the economy's downturn, and I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact quote and I'm too tired to look it up - "When the Great Depression hit, Roosevelt got on that television and calmed the American public."

Um, yeah. Major flaws, but funny nonetheless. I like him, but oye.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Not from this election but I have to say George the First ate it when he said, "read my lips, no more new taxes." Woops.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh, and not part of an election but still funny, "I never had sex with that woman." Sorry, but as much as I do like Clinton - the man dug his own hole.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• How about Al Gore the inventor of the internet?
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Lol...these are funny! It makes me glad I'm not in politics though! lol...god only knows what piece of history I would botch very publicly...and my family has a saying "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" so I'm sure they would embarrass me at some point with a whopper they came up with!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

how about something he never said?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Good gravy autodidact, do you ever lighten up? ever? next you will be correcting spelling errors of posters you disagree with.
    Anonymous

• I like the words "good gravy" .

cm08

Answer by cm08 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2008