When will my son start crawling and walking?!

My son is almost 11 months old. He is technically still not crawling yet. He gets around by scooting, rolling, etc. I thought maybe he was just going to skip the crawling thing because he is starting to want to pull up. I thought he was doing fine until we went shopping today and encountered many babies the same age or younger than my son walking around! My son is not even crawling! I know babies develope on their own time but, I'm starting to get worried! Shouldn't he be a little farther ahead by now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some don't walk till 14 months and some skip crawling altogether.
    Anonymous

• crawling about 11 months.
    walking at 15 months tg for my friends daughter who is 3 months older. or i dont know when they were going to walk
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Every baby goes at there own pace but maybe you should let him be on the floor more often and practice with him!
    Perez13

Answer by Perez13 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The scooting is his type of crawling, it is a good thing that he has figured out a way to get around. It also sounds like he is trying to pull-up which leads to cruising and walking. Hang in there and you will be chasing him in no time. He is not considered delayed for walking until after 18 months. Maybe Santa can help the process and bring an activity table or push toy that will help develop these budding skills. Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT PLAIN && SIMPLE
    Anonymous

• he scooting and getting around is he way of moving around. crawling is also not a developmental milestone that they look for at a certain age. some will walk and then crawl for real after. but he is getting around which is fine. and yes i would encourage him to stand and cruise and my son LOVED his walker toy. my son crawled at 10mo and walked at 14mo, all with lots of encouragement. I tried to do about 15min a day of working with him on rolling, crawling, walking etc. My dtr walked at 10mo. so they are all different and a lot has to do with personality and how motivated the baby was. If you are still concerned talk to his pedi and maybe ask if you can have a PT referall to get ideas on what to do with him to get him stronger.
    kisarn02

Answer by kisarn02 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my sons 8 months and dosent sit up or crawl.. his dr put him in p.t to help him
    shreveskids

Answer by shreveskids at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He's probably going to skip crawling. Many babies do which is why it's not a milestone.
    When he scoots and rolls, does he use both arms and legs? As long as he is using both sides of his body when he scoots and rolls around, I wouldn't be concerned.

As for walking, anywhere up to 15 months is considered normal. 12 months is the "average".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008