can your kids???

can your kids undo there seatbelts?? my son just turned 3 and everytime i buckle him in he stays buckled... til the car is going 55 miles an hour ,, then he unhooks it and climbs all over the place!!! i stop re hook it explain to him why he has to have it hooked,, he agrees .. and again 55 he unhooks it,, i can't stop evey 5 minutes we would never reach our destination??? i'm frustrated any idea's please????

boyer94

Asked by boyer94 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That's when you need to spank his little butt
    Anonymous

• Mine did once. Then I had a police officer talk to him about how important it is to wear it, how you could be hurt, etc. Hasn't been a problem since! But who knows how long that will last...
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh, I also told him that if he can't keep the seat belt on like a big boy, he'll have to go back to the 'baby seat' and he doesn't want that either!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• well my husband is a police officer and we he has had a talk with him about it but that didn't work,, and spanking him doesn't work either i tried...
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Take a favorite toy away?
    Anonymous

• since hubby is a police officer... could you arrange a "pull over?" have one of hubby's coworkers pull you over with lights, sirens, and the whole shibang. have him very sternly tell him it is not okay. it will prolly scare the bejesus out of him, but my guess is that it will work.

this actually happened when i was little in my babysitter's car. her son was not buckled in, and we got pulled over. i was terrified! a million years later, i still haven't forgotten it.

i'm not encouraging scaring your little one shitless, but my guess is that it will make your little guy think twice about unbuckling...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• might ,, but we live in a small town and there is only 5 police officers here in town and he knows them all... maybe i could get a friend of his in the state police to do it,, that's a good idea,,, thanks..
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Put him back in a SAFER FULLY HARNESSED SEAT! I don't care if the kid thinks it's a 'baby seat'. Isn't it better to have the kid alive and complaining, than smeared down the street? I don't know what model of booster seat you are using, if any at all, but keeping the children SAFEST should always be our number one priority as their parents and caregivers.
    carakitty

Answer by carakitty at 3:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think he needs to go back into a harnessed seat. He's not displaying mature enough behavior to be in a seatbelt.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• harnessed seat
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 8:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2008