Do you thinkbeing in the military changes the way a person thinks????????

cass_01

Asked by cass_01 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It should.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i am a army brat also i know alot of ppl who are in the army.
    Yes it does i mean ppl can be so sweet ends up being a ass hole.
    Also you can be a ass hole who dont care for his family. go to basic come back so loving
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think that being in the military can totally alter a person's personality. What they go through and see can make them change in many ways. It really is sad because it is like they totally give themselves up for the military. I know that the military has like psychologists and programs available to veterans, but I don't think that some people can get over what they see. It has to be really traumatic.
    cdanielle407

Answer by cdanielle407 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Of course it does! My husband thinks of and treats us the same as he did before he went but when it comes to other issues he definitely thinks differently. I guess I don't know how you are meaning this question though. He thinks in a more respectable manner now. With everything he does he thinks about the consequences and where it will get him. He makes better decisions and he is always striving to better himself.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the individual faith and call,some do shange some don't.
    jak2003

Answer by jak2003 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yes it does. They break a person down and rebuild them.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Being prior Military myself I would have to say, it depends on the individual. However it does enable one to see things from different perspectives.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yes and no.

As Kristi pointed out, it depends on the individual.

In my experience (both myself and the hubby are AD), people either wake up or shut their eyes so hard it would take a crowbar to pry them open. The former tend to grow and develop into better people...the latter tend to become close-minded a-holes that no one wants to be around.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Depnds on the willof the individual. They try to resocialize Military personnel.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Of course it does.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008