• In the Spotlight:

Is it better to have your children closer together. I was thinking about waiting till my son was 2 before we started working on our second one?

But I've also thought about starting on our second one after he turns about 1 1/2 so that way, by the time he turns 2 I will be 3 or more months away from having Baby #2. I was just wondering, since my little brother and I are 6 years apart and we get along fine, but I have friends who have siblings close to their age, and some of their relationships are good, and some are a nightmare. Whats a good choice?

Momma_Neko

Asked by Momma_Neko at 11:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Im not really sure whats best. My kids are 7 years apart~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i always heard closer the better. so one will almost out of diapers one starting so you dont total forget things.
    but then again far way 1 will be in school.

i love mine less then a min apart lol just perfect.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had my kids 4 years apart and that was perfect for me. My oldest was potty trained and doind things independantly so it worked out great for me.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have 3 kids and there are 18 mo and 20 mo between them. It's tiring... very tiring =), but they all get along great and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My brothers and I are 1 year apart. Actually I was due on older bros bday. But was 12 days late. We have a very strained relationship.  I think due to the fact that we where all competing for Mom and Dad's time and attention.

I have friend who have children of all kinds of years apart, The one;s that I've seen work the best are when there is at least a 2 to 2.5 years between pregnancies, Which makes 1 child 3 when next is born, I think it's easier on the Mom too. Just my pov Granmaw56

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 5:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My kids are 6 yrs apart and I LOVE it! My bro and I are 18months apart and have a great relationship, we did since we were little. My sister is 4 yrs older then me and we didnt have a good relationship until I was in my late teens/early twenties. I think it just depends on the personalities of the children.
    AngelicDevil80

Answer by AngelicDevil80 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2008