My twin girls are going to be 2 in 19 days. They are at that terrible two stage. They are kicking walls when they don't get their way and Jade screams at the top of her lungs when she don't get her way. What can I do to make them stop?

Twins that are at the terrible two stage.

JadeandGaz06

Asked by JadeandGaz06 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't mean to be a downer....as a mom to twin boys that are almost 4 - I think the "trying three's" are much worse than those "terrible two's"!!! ;) I can tell you what helped us alot during the beginning of this time was taking a 'love and logic for toddlers' class - it really helped us to discipline more consistently and using their ideas you really end up disciplining without being so 'angry and frustrated' with your kids.....I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! There also is a book out if you can't find a class, but the class is great because you get to meet other moms and ask the instructor your questions and actually get answers and tips to try! Don't forget to breath and count to 10 - that helps too! lol I personally think having multiples is God's way of teaching us patience and a whole lot more! ha ha Best of luck!!!
    mykenzie

Answer by mykenzie at 12:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had a boy that is doing the same thing. And I gave him a time-out, if it don't work. I would say pretend you don't see or hear them for a while. All the thing they do is only seeking for attention.After they had calm down then you should explain that they should use their mouth to talk then screaming and kicking.
    Anestasia

Answer by Anestasia at 12:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008