Does anyone have the Birth Annoucement Link for the White House?

I did this with my twins. It was an online form that you fill out and then the president and first lady send a welcome card. I forgot to do it with William, and now I can't find the link! Does anyone have it?

CillaTexas

Asked by CillaTexas at 11:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awesome! I didn't know you could do this but I Googled it and I found the link. It was the very first one! Now I'm going to do it for my son!!! https://app1.whitehouse.gov/greetings/baby
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i never heard of this.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You send them a birth announcement.
    Write to:
    White House Greetings Office
    Room 39
    Washington, DC 20500.

You can do this anytime in the baby's first year, I think. I don't remember if there was an email link when I did this or if I sent them one of my announcements but I got a congrats card back from the White House. It's in her baby book now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Nevermind stick with kaycee's response. I don't think it worked or its something different.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Britni11's link does go through. I think the problem is there isn't enough time left to process requests before Bush leaves office (the link says they need 6 weeks). If you wait until Obama is in office, it will probably work. That or mail in a request.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yah that's why I got confused. I still completed my request so we'll see what happens If I don't get anything by February I'll try again. They do weddings, birthdays (over 80) and anniversary's (over 50) as well. The birthday and anniversary needs 6 weeks in advance the wedding and baby announcement is supposed to be requested after but not more than a year later... Hope this helps!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I wanted it for who was president when he was born, so I went ahead and sent it in! Hopefully it works! Thanks everyone!
    CillaTexas

Answer by CillaTexas at 12:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008