Childcare issue...

My husband and I work opposite shifts so we can keep our three preschool girls home. It's worked really well for us (most of the time LOL). Well, my husband just was told that starting Sunday he's going to another shift. He won't be coming home until after I'm supposed to be at work. Now that I'm not irate about it and can think clearly, I can only think of two options: put the kids back in daycare (hubby can sleep during the day and be up in the evenings with us) or try to find a babysitter to come stay 2-3 hours a day from when I leave for work until hubby gets home (he can stay up with the kids until I get home and then sleep in the evening)

A babysitter would probably be somewhat cheaper, but I won't see my husband all week and he'd have to sleep with the kids awake and running full steam.

What would you do? Any other ideas?

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'd look into child care. I had a wonderful provider. If you can really look you can find somebody awesome to take care of your kids. Good luck.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I feel for you. It doesn't sound like there is any easy answer. All I can say about my opinion is that I would do just about anything, make almost any sacrifice in order to keep my kids out of daycare! I've worked in daycare centers two different times and there is NO WAY I'd leave one of mine in one. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You could look into a home provider. Perhaps someone could come in and watch the kids while he is sleeping. This way he is there if anything major happens and he can relieve them when he has had enough sleep. This may be a more expensive way to go.
    afdavis27

Answer by afdavis27 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I guess the big question is can you afford to put them in daycare? That would obviously be the best option for your family, as far as getting to spend time together. However, if it make the financial aspect too much, then I would probably do the babysitter.
    PeanutMM

Answer by PeanutMM at 7:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008