Babies and ears piercing!

Okay please tell me I'm not the only one who pierced my daughters ears? I get told all the time that I'm a bad mom and I really don't think I am just because I pireced her ears. Anyone else have their babies ears done?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 11:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yes i did... i was told i was a bad mom too but i told them hey gave birth to her not you so dont worry about it
    shreveskids

Answer by shreveskids at 11:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• same. i got hers pierced at age 2 and still got the same response. because they should be able to make that decision!!!! whatever! like the last reply, she's your kid, u are raising, dont worry about other ppl!
    Bellakat456

Answer by Bellakat456 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I asked my DOCTOR if it would be alright to pierce my little girl's ears and she said it was fine-that was at her 15 month appointment. I haven't pierced them yet, though. And NO you are not a bad mom. I bet your daughter looks adorable.
    Anonymous

• Yes. And it is normal in many countries to do this to newborn girls. My daughter had her ears pierced very young. No one ever commented to me it was too early and if they did I would tell them to mind their own business.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 11:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had my daughter's ears pierced in the hospital when she was born (it was 1976) and they would do it to newborns at that time. Because she was such a tiny baby she never got them dirty, so they never got infected or anything. Pierced ears aren't painted neon or something, If a person doesn't wear earrings that day it's not noticable, most people don't go around inspecting to see if someone has pierced ears or not!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Cont.
    And in addition, she is my child and I could and did make some decisions for her, like whether her ears were pierced or not, whether her hair was cut or not, whether she got vaccinations or not what school she went to, and a few other things. As a parent it was and is my right and duty to make decisions for my children.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I got them done when my daughter was 4 months~ Im glad cuz, I know ppl who waited until kids were 7, 9, 10 and they mess with em and then end up closing on them. My daught is bout to be 5 and I havent had any prob with em. Shes never messed with them cuz, shes use to em. My friends daught & my neice got them done @9 and both had prob with them being infected and one had to get the earring surg removed it when inside her ear lobe. So whatever ppl say... ur not a bad mom. Plus the doc will say after 4 months its fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think its after their 2nd set shots is ok... Pleeas dont let claires ever pierce ur kids ears in its the mall!!! walmart is even way better believe it or not. Plus they say wait 6weeks to change their earrings. The lady told me wait 6 mos or even a year, I cleaned her ears but never took em out until bout 8months... never had a problem!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Oprah waited until she was 40 and did it on her show she was scared lol... it was few years ago but was soooo funny~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• LOL, well if it makes you feel any better I usually feel like the only mom who DIDN'T mess with her daughters' ears. So it goes both ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yeah I've heard so many bad things about clairs! We got them done at the mall but not at clairs! It was a professional place called Deja vu
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2008