They're having a Christmas party & didn't invite us..

My SO's sister & mom are having a xmas party at the sisters house (a big house). And they didn't even bother inviting us.. we have no plans for Christmas and I'm pissed! I want to confront them but don't even know what to say because of how angry I am. I need some advice on what to do or atleast how to calm down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• OK, then I would be hurt, and you never said if you have kids with SO, if you do then that really sucks. If you do have kids with him or even step kids on either of your sides then have a kickin' ass time with them. I know it's hard. I didn't go to my "company Christmas party" I work at a school so it's not a Company but anyway, they said "no kids". I went last year and all of the teachers took their kids!!!! What hurt me the most is that my son is best friends with the child of his first grade teacher and her son was there but I "followed the rules" and got a sitter, only to have her son ask, "where"s Alex"? and then have the teachers say are knowingly "Well, you could have brought him" sigh, holidays bring out the worst in people. Don't feel bad.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• call and ask what there doing that day and see if they want to come over or if you can go there.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Do you think that other people are really responsible for taking care of you.... Make your own meal, have family time, and move on. Do you ever offer to make a HUGE meal for them? Or do you think whoever has the bigest house is the one who should always carry the load?
    Anonymous

• We have a tiny house but have invited them over plenty of times. We invited them for Thanksgiving.. and last Christmas. What happened to common courtesy to return a favor of being invited?! I'm just bothered mostly because she's always calling, crying about her problems.. and I listen like an idiot. And now this.
    Anonymous

• Okay Anon 10:44 that was a bit harsh. No it's not her SO's mom's responsibility to take care of her and the OP knows this.
    I would be hurt too! I would probably just do the Xmas thing myself-maybe those aren't the people you really want to spending time with on Xmas anyway. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Wow... Anonymous must be in a bad mood tonight! If you're wanting them to invite you, you could casually mention Christmas & how you guess y'all will be celebrating alone. Maybe they would invite you then, but if I were you, I'd take it as a huge hint. I'm not trying to sound rude, but maybe they don't like you. : / I just would limit my interaction with them and not invite them to anything. OR.... a brighter spin on things... Maybe they just assumed that you and your SO would know that you're invited ???
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh, I didn't realize you asked this question anonymously, too. When I said Anonymous must be in a bad mood, I was talking about the first anonymous response, not you! : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would let your SO address it. It is not your problem. I mean, I totally understand why you are upset, it is his family so he should be the one to bring it up. And personally, I think that anon 10:44 has some other baggage and issues going on and your question just touched a nerve.
    Anonymous

• I had a similiar thing happen to me and yes I did feel hurt as well. I would just ask why you weren't invited and see what they say. Good Luck

also there is no reason why anyone anwering to this post need to be rude.
    sweetsmo

Answer by sweetsmo at 11:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No it really didn't touch any "nerve". I read the post and saw someone whining about "Oh poor me.. I'm insulted... They don't like poor little me..." And yes maybe I am in a bad mood, but I could give a damn if people invite me to do things. I think that Christmas is all about being with YOUR family, not making your face seen all over the world. Enjoy the time you can spend together, make it worth being there, don't worry about why they excluded you.... From the original post, it looked like you thought she had to be the one to do it because she had the big house.... Like it was expected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2008