What is your 5 1/2 month old eating?? I am not sure if I am feeding my daughter enough. She was 9lbs 10 oz when she was born so she is alittle bigger then most kids. I'm just not sure if I'm over feeding her or under feeding her...HELP

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is breastfed, but based on what he takes when I am at work I am guessing he takes around 26-30 oz/day
    He is getting rice cereal in the morning and before bed - about 3 tablespoons total
    If his weight matters he is 18 lbs
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My dd drinks an 8oz bottle first thing in the morning and right before bed, but the bottles during the day are usually between 4-6oz. I really need to write it down exactly one day. She will refuse food when she is full, so I just go by her signs. At her 4 month appt, she weighed 15lbs 11oz and 25in in length.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'm sure she will let you know if your not feeding her enough. And if she isnt hungry she wont be intrested so I dont think you can over feed her either. My 6mo gets spoon fed in the morning, usually a small jar of fruit and some oatmeal, then about 2hrs later a 6oz bottle, then lunch he gets spoon fed a veggie then a few hours later another 6oz, then dinner, then another bottle then another bottle at bed time, then ANOTHER bottle at 2am, and then start all over between 6-7am. LOL
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My first daughter was a "big" girl. She was breastfed and started on food at 6 months. At all of her check ups she was at the top of her precentile if not over. The dr was never concerned about her as she was healthy and happy. She did tell me though that if I was concerned she could look at her diet and patterns of eating to see if there was anything not normal.
    Talk to you dr if you have any concerns.
    My DD is now 3 a healthy weight for her age and height, she's almost as tall as her 4 yr old brother and the child is so skinny pants can be an issue. As kids grown they get more active and thin out, you will one day look back and miss your babies chubbiness!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• At that age, my son was still only nursing on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2008