What can I take to boost energy in the A.M?

I weight 225lbs & have kept the weight on for about 3yrs. When I start a workout plan I cannot keep it up & end up quitting.
I would like to work out in the morning before DD gets up. But I am so crappy feeling in the morning, I am too tired & my body feels tense & sore when I first get up.

I dont want to drink red bulls or anything like that. Maybe safe supplements, foods.. But no diet pills that is going to make me jittery/shaky or be unsafe if I become pregnant on accident.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The best thing is a good breakfast. Also, eating a good breakfast will jump start your metabolism.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/food-and-nutrition/NU00197
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 10:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Vitamin D
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I am not a morning person. I usually work out after the kids go to bed. Feel free to pm me any questions, I love helping people out with getting healthier and improving their quality of life. Do you have a meal plan?
    ashlet01

Answer by ashlet01 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• It took me a LONG time to finally start the early morning workouts. Getting to bed earlier (make sure you're getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night if you can), eat breakfast (if you can include bee pollen, like in a smoothie, the vitamins are good for energy and bee pollen helps with allergies) and have coffee, and let that settle before you start. Give it about 45 minutes. By then the caffeine also kicks in. That's when I go for my morning run. I was 269 when I started, and this morning I was 201. You'll find your way. Mornings really are the best, and it may take time for your body to adjust; be patient, because it will. It's still hard for me to get up at 5AM, but I love the tone my morning run sets for my day, and I always feel better getting it done. You can do this!!! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2011

• Take a peek at Juice Plus.
    Juice Plus+ is a simple, convenient, and inexpensive way to add more nutrition from fruits and vegetables to your diet, every day. Taking Juice Plus+ is the next best thing to eating fruits and vegetables. Of course, there is no substitute for eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. But because most people simply can't, don't, or won't, Juice Plus+ helps fill that gap.
    Juice Plus+ provides nutrition from 17 different fruits, vegetables, and grains. Each ingredient is specially selected to provide you with a wide range of nutritional benefits. Juice Plus+ contains not only a much wider variety of naturally occurring vitamins than vitamin supplements, but it also contains other phytonutrients, antioxidants, and nutrients — even some of the fiber — found in the fruits and vegetables it's made from. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2011