Why do some parents let their daughters dress the way they do?

I am out shopping and apparently I must have missed something but every girl I saw tonight in the mall..etc.. had on clothes that were WAY to small for them. Their bellies were hanging way worse than mine and I have birthed 4 kids. Their jeans were SO tight and they simply did not fit. Muffin top? NO, more like oh crap, the whole cake is pouring out and over the top. I do not understand WHY? They sure don't look good. Yikes, make sure they wear a zero before you buy it! Eewww! One girl had on a SHORT shirt with the tight low riders and I know I had a deer in the headlight look on my face. I normally do my best not to make comments about the way people dress, but this is totally different. I just do not understand the appropriate attire I guess. I dress hip and up to date but my belly is nice and smooth and not hanging outta the top of my jeans peeking at folks.

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• even if you see lil girls clothes they are like that.

1/2 the time here parents dont know it. Its Friday night they go to hang out. take clothes with them and change.
    I never had to i have been with dh since i was 15
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I hear you sister:) It really is a mystery, isn't it? If you are a bigger girl you can still look sexy without revealing the muffin top or saggy tummy. At least thats what Stacy and Clinton say on What not to wear:) Those girls should be arrested...tee hee
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I dread going to the mall, but maybe one day I'll just go there to sit and watch people !!! LOL ! I ran in Hot Topic the other day to get my daughter a Twilight tshirt, and there were a few other moms in there, and we got started talking about sizes, etc...and they both said how their daughters wear their shirts skin tight. Well sorry....but my daughter doesn't need to wear her shirts skintight to attract attention to herself.
    These girls just want to look like little sluts. If a boy looks at them, they think he likes them...yeah right. One day they will look back on this stuff and hopefully feel ashamed.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 6:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• This is what I mean, most moms were with these girls with those skin tight shirts. I do not think they realize those shirts do not hold bellies in because if that were the case that is all I would have hanging in my closet. Good one!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't like when girls look trashy. But I think some people are a little to sensitive about it, I'm almost 32weeks pregnant and I wear fitted/tight t-shirts. I don't think just because you're not wearing baggy clothes means you're slutty or trashy.
    However, muffin tops are a totally different story!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Parents really should pay attention more to how their children are dressing. I also hate when people wear clothes that do not fit them. There are clothes that are appropiate and stylish for all ages and sizes. I make sure my children do not leave the house looking trashy, and I try to teach them about how to fit clothes to their body shapes and what is age appropiate. I feel creepy just at the pool sometimes when my daughter is in her two piece suit.So many creeps are out here nowadays. I just shop at usually limited too or target, I also manage to find age appropiate,yet cute items there.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• As much as I can agree with you I would like to point out you need to be careful what you say and what looks you're giving these young girls. While wearing clothes way too small is bad, having them develop eating disorders and hating their bodies is even worse.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• There ARE ways of pointing things out to these young girls. I am one not to say fat words to someone but when you have a girl say, 12, and she is way to overweight for what she has on, she needs to be taught not to wear a size 6 when in fact she is a 10. I know what I saw and they definately have an eating disorder of eating unhealthy foods.
    PLUS, I NEVER looked at them like, "what the heck with my mouth open witha pointing finger" This one girl walked past me and I was in shock, I will not lie. It was absolutely gross!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i agree with you. my SIL though is a size 0- looks like a model and its almost worse to see a skinny young girl wearing slutty clothing. i mean micro minis and tank tops and cleavage showing clothing at 14? ugh.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 8:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• What are they suppose to tell the kids? You're to big to wear that? At least the muffin tops might help keep the boys away LMAO.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 12:11 PM on Dec. 24, 2008