Is the second time usually easier then the first?

My boyfriend and I were talking about trying for another one once we get our doctor bills paid off from our first, and at first the thought was exciting. But the more I though about it, it was like ugh. I have to be pregnant all over again. I did not enjoy being pregnant for the most part... mainly everyone acting like I was helpless and the being so big. And I had the easiest pregnancy I've ever heard of... I NEVER had morning sickness, heartburn, I wasn't cranky etc. I didn't have any complications... I was swimming in a lake when I was 9 months along. And my labor wasn't horrbile... I didn't tear down there. So now I'm so scared that I got so lucky the first time that I won't be so lucky the next time. My biggest worry though is the tearing :S The thought of that really freaks me out.

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 12:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I honestly have to say my first was alot easier,

I went in kind of blind folded ya know, so it was alright,

With this little one, I had horrible morning sickness, until 12 weeks,
    I had to get an Amnio, we thought we mc....because of bleeding,

im 38 weeks tuesday and she is healthy ;o)

I have to say Pregnancys are all diff~
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• mine was easier than the first.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I got lucky my first time around to. Second time not so much fist time 1 hour labor second time 23 hour labor first time no labor pain it was a breeze second time I had back labor and wanted to die. So I guess it all depends on the person it could be easy the second time around just keep your fingers crossed.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 12:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• The tearing sucks. TMI but I tore up not back and it sucked. Other than that my first pregnancy was ok. My second one was as well. I developed severe preeclampsia in my seventh month and had to deliver early but everything went well and I have a happy and healthy 18 month old. You could also be like my sister who had three pregnancies that were a breeze! Good luck to you:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My second was just as easy as my first, only I didn't get all the rest I would have liked because I had a toddler to look after as well. My third though was no picnic, still not the worst pregnancy I've heard of but I didn't really enjoy it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I definetly got pregnant faster with my 2nd than with my first. The labor was easier too. I pushed for 2 hours with my first and did tear a little. with my second it could have been the fact that I was given potosin but It came by so fast and I ended up pushing and having her in 9 minutes, Yes, 9 minutes. I also didn't tear didnt even have to have 1 stitch. Now I'm pregnant with twins and I'm really scared I was already told that I would have a c section and I've never had one and I've heard horrible things about it. I hope all goes well.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2008