Is college harder the SECOND time around after many years?

Cabominny

Asked by Cabominny at 12:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have found it easier to be in college than I ever did in high school. I am glad I waited to go to college and be a mom first out of high school. At age 42, I have come to realize that getting an education is important in your own time and not in societies demanded time. Set yourself up for success and forget about the pressures of the rest. Good luck and enjoy learning, you will be amazed at your interest level
    campmulli

Answer by campmulli at 1:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think it is hard to get there! But once you get in a routine its the same old thing. If you are considering going back you won't regret it:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• If anything, its been a bit easier for me. I know what I want, and I've just got to get there. The hardest part I've had to deal with has been time management, but a routine helps a ton. There was an adjustment period when I went back, but everything has smoothed out and is going pretty well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think it depends, if you have kids time manegement may be your problem. Some to struggle to capture with others.
    jak2003

Answer by jak2003 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I went back to college at 40. I completed one year and never ever felt out of place. In fact, I think the professors like me better. My daughter and I had one class together. It was so much fun! She used to acuse me of flirting with the professor!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Nope I found it much easier because I actually wanted to be there and was not being forced to go. Once you are grown it becomes almost down right fun.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I took a 5-year break between my BA and my MS and it wasn't very hard going back. I'm glad I did.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2008