How do you clean the Cuisinart sandwich grill?

We have the Cuisinary sandwich grill for pressing grill cheese sandwiches. The thing is all one piece and can't be immersed in water. Any thoughts on how to clean it?

babyjakesmama

Asked by babyjakesmama at 12:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Funny you should ask...we just used ours for the first time today! I just used a damp cloth to wipe it down and that seemed to work great. It doesn't need to be scrubbed because it is non-stick...and it has it's own plastic scraper to get in between the grooves...you can lay a paper towel on those and use the scraper to get it between them and wipe it clean.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I just take my dish sponge with a bit of dish soap on it and wipe it down, the I go over it with some wet paper towels to get the soap off.
    If the thing is super funky I will put a kitchen towel down under it and get the grill part all soapy and scrubby and then use a cup to rinse being careful not to totally soak the whole thing.
    I guess its just a fancy wipe down!
    DDQUINN

Answer by DDQUINN at 2:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• after use unplug andwhile still warm place a wet cloth and close.wait a few minutes ,it will wipe clean.
    katy111

Answer by katy111 at 6:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2008