How to boil water without electricity or Gas?

Recently we were out of electricity since we had bad storms here. I need my morning cup of coffee. I have one cup of instant each am. So how can I boil water? Any tips? With the electricity out and we don't have gas Etc.. Any ideas? For cheap or do it yourself? Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Start a fire, put a grate over the top of it and put a metal pan on it with water.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• If my dh was here he would know he is a die hard coffee drinker and nothing gets in his way....actually what he would do is take and use a car battery somehow..he's inventive like that....all that crosses my mind is a fire
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• You can get an immersion heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter plug of a car: http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPBH-012-12V-Beverage-Heater/dp/B001AQZI64.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• With the heat lately... put it out on the hood of your car :0)
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Fire
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• My parents had a kerosene heater we would use during blackouts, especially in the winter. It had a flat metal plate on top, so we could warm food on it. It could boil water, too. Just took a while.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Generator, buy one and buy a portable burneror just hook your coffee pot up the the generator. (we have both). Or a BBQ grill with a burner on the side.

Answer by louise2 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Use your grill. Or go to McD's.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Do you have a campstove? Your backyard BBQ grill with a tea kettle or camping coffee pot on it...or go to any fast food place or convenience store and buy a cheap cup of java...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Fire , courage and hope everything gonna be ok soon
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2011