how do mom's who want to stay home and take care of their child have businesses?

Do you mom's who have your own businesses have a GED or a High school education? Do you have to have either one of these to have your own business?Plus when you have just a small business just to make a little money to live on do you have to pay taxes as well if your not making much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• i own a small business, and i have a bachelors degree. you don't have to have any sort of education to start a business as far as i know... i guess it depends what type of business you're planning on doing. you just need to have the means to get it up and running. you will always have to pay taxes on any income you make. if you are a sole proprietor, or an LLC, you would fill out a section C on your personal income taxes. If you don't make a lot, then you aren't going to pay a lot in taxes, but you will pay some. you should be able to google "starting a business in enter state here"  your secretary of state's website should be a wealth of information for you.  what business are you looking to do?

abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Girl, I found great resources at www.stuffformoms.info
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I loooooveeee this question. I am 39, High School diploma and some college. I have built a very successful business as well as many of my business partners who have Master's and Doctor's Degrees. We sit and laugh at how we were chasing the dollar by having a degree. Honey, you do not need a degree to have your own business. Of course, if you want to be in a specialized you need that degree. The IRS LOVES Small Business Owners, we get to write off more things than traditional businesses. Go to amazon.com and find the book Lower Your Taxes Big Time by Sandy Botkin. It will help if learn about the tax benefit when owning your own business. Good Luck! If you need more help, just send me a message.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 6:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have a HS dipolma, but the work at home businesses I'm part of do not require it or a GED. If you need a way to make extra money or a full time work at home job, go to www.freewaysto2.tk/, all information is free and the jobs are "no fee, no sales" jobs.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have a college education, and I don't have a home based business...I work for my college from home. I like it because I know what my hours are, I know exactly what I will be making, and they handle taking taxes out.

You don't need any kind of education to start your own business...it is YOURS nobody else can make your job requirements.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have a business with Ameriplan. My kids are with me all day! I work around them. I have a HS Dipolma and some "other" schooling... (I'm still finishing) I make great money and keep 10% in a savings account for taxes... What is 10% after all? After all my deductions it's more than enough. I really hope this answers all your questions. I love what I do and would be more than willing to answer any more questions you have. If you are thinking of opening a business this is a great one.

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• they neglect their children and household duties so they can make money. its not such a privelage to be able to stay home with your children and work when you work more than spend time with your children. jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Gee whiz, anon.............that time of the month, Sweetie? I'm sorry if that has been your experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

Excuse me? Who the hell says so? What about the mothers who work away from home and aren't even with their children? how the hell do you know what goes on in someones home and you are not there? Don't hate because you can't be a sahwm!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• First I DO NOT neglect my child or my household. I work my business when my hubby is home. I'm with the kids all day 7 days a week and even go to Karate and Gymnastics with my kids while hubby is working. I call customers 1 night a week for no more than 2 hrs. I get to make my schedule not anyone else. For my business you don't need a high school education. If you have a criminal past that doesn't matter either. You do have to pay your own taxes and my company doesn't take them out so I put some into the savings account to ensure I have enough to cover that. Some businesses will take out your taxes for you but then you are usually waiting for them to pay you as well. With Tupperware you get paid when the customer pays you. Tupperware doesn't send you a check. Good luck on your search I hope you will consider Tupperware. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 20, 2008