should I go to the hospital?

been in pain since thurs night with dull cramping and a few sporatic contractions over the past 24hrs. Some 5mins apart, some 20 mins apart. My fam has been traveling back and forth between different hospitals over the past few weeks for sick family members and I really don't want to go all the way from my house to the hospital and get sent back home because they don't feel its serious or its too soon. I went there when I was 36weeks 5 days and they sent me back home because they can't induce labor until 37 weeks, despite the fact my contractions were less than 5 minutes apart. I'm now 39 weeks 4 days. Someone please give me some advice! this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what to do and I'm scared

TastyPeach6969

Asked by TastyPeach6969 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when ever in doudt call your doc..or go to l&d sometimes i fount this faster and better. I lived at L&D... i was in and out of labor from 28wks.
    it dont hurt to see them. thats y they are there.
    Whats the worst thing will happen send you home..
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I would indeed go to the hospital im having a little issue too,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You should go. I went to labor and delivery 5 times, but it's better safe then sorry :) Good luck!
    cdanielle407

Answer by cdanielle407 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• First you need to decide if the hospital is close enough to get there in quickly in case you realize it's true labor. Since you have been hurting and cramping you could be slowly dilating. I would call your OB and see what they would like for you to do.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• from what I've read true labor and not braxton hicks is when you have "regular" timed and increasingly stronger cramps. A way to test is empty bladder, drink full glass water, rest of left side for 30m (to alleviate pressure/activity pains) to see if it goes away, if not could be labor. My mucus plug coming out was the first sign, after that my water broke and thats when she really came down, and let it be known she was coming out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Many times, the contractions are all wonky and wobbley as they try to get organized. They will work into a better rhythm in time. Try and eat, drink, rest, relax... it might be later tonight, tomorrow, or not for a few weeks!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well you should defiently keep in contact with your doctor and call as many times as you need. In my experience I wasn't admitted until my contractions were 1-4 mins apart consecutively and/or my water broke. I went to the hospital about 5 times in one day. I was wondering why they didn't just keep me there but they realease me and told me to go walk. Finally with some pain I walked around target for 2 hours went home got a little rest and by 7 pm I was having consecutive 4 minutes apart contractions. I called and said that I sounded really bad and I should come in. I stayed to deliver my baby. Walk alot drink alot of fluids. Prepare yourself I think your baby might come soon.........I wish you well and a happy delivery.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yea i went to the hospital. Basically they told me i wasnt dialated enuff so take 2 tylenols, soak and keep hydrated. I think my obgyn doesnt like me :-( thx for all ur answers
    TastyPeach6969

Answer by TastyPeach6969 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2008