Parents who homeschool their kids

Do you have to have a highschool education to homeschool your own child and can someone tell me where I can get approved from in order to homeschool my child?And does anyone know where I can have kid tested to see what level he should be at?Do I have to take him somewhere or Do i test him myself?My son is 4 now he will be 5 soon.Can someone tell me what subjects he should be doing specifically at age 4?What he should be studying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Go to www.hslda.com

You will find requirements for your state. I homeschool my 15yr old son and I live in TN.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You can also call the Superintendent of Schools for your area and they can send you information. I just got a packet from my superintendent a few days ago because it's something we've been thinking about and we wanted to know more. Also, most states have a homeschool community and they have groups or get togethers. You could try to find a homeschooling group in your area. As for what they should be learning....I know that Abeka has a K4 program for 4-5 year olds and it's awesome. I used it for my now 3rd grader before he was old enough for public school. He loved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• In some states if you register under an Umbrella school then you do not have to answer to the state or public school system. In other words, they have NO control over what you do with your child. They can not require testing of any kind nor get nosey and start asking questions or for "proof" of your childs work. I am under an Umbrella school and we love it. I do not have to worry about anything. That is the main reason why I took my child out of public schools....I do NOT want them to have anything to do with my child.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2008