why am i not getting pregnant?

me and my boyfriend have sex about 6 times a week and he always ejaculates in me, but it's been 6 months and i'm still not pregnant. what are some reasons i'm not getting pregnant, and also, what are some things I could do to become pregnant?

thanx,
Danielle

danielle841

Asked by danielle841 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well with me for my first born me and my hunny tryed for 6 month several time's a day, then we said well maybe it's not our time, a month later I was prego, I stopped thinking about it, not saying that that is why, but I do know that there is a certain time every month that you can get prego, google it you should be able to find out. good luck
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 12:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Sometimes the stress of trying to get pregnant can make it harder for you to get pregnant. I know of one instance where a couple had tried for years and years. They eventually decided to adopt and before the baby was born she ended up pregnant.

Also, having sex so often I believe lowers the sperm count.

I say give it a break for a little while, don't stress so much about it. Nature will take it's course.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• hi danyelle my name is lesta me and my boyfriend has been trying and im not getting pregnant beleive me i know what u r going through u r not n this alone
    wonderwoman960

Answer by wonderwoman960 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Some experts say to wait a day inbetween... Some say to have more sex around the days you are ovulating, and not the other days to get his sperm count higher.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Having a lot of sex can drop his sperm count. Try to figure out around the time you're ovulating and then next month give a rest in the sack on and off until you're ovulating.
    clearhearts

Answer by clearhearts at 2:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree. Stop stressing and try not to have sex so often. You need to give his sperm a chance to rebuild it's numbers. Also in normal couples it could take up to a year to get pregnant. It took my husband and I five years with the help of fertility advancements. My only other question to you would be...Do you have regular periods? If not I would look into that a bit more.
    samboswife

Answer by samboswife at 2:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It takes three days for a mans sperm to truly build back up. When i was trying to get pregnant my husband had to give a sample to get tested and they told him to get the best sample he couldn't have sex, etc. for three days.
    Do you have regualr peroids b/c if there is more than 35 day inbetween peroids counting from the first day of your peroid you could not be ovulating. Come to find out that was my problem. We tried for 6 years. Unfortunately, the problem is back. I have 42-54 day cycles (like before).
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My now husband (then boyfriend) and I had un-protected sex for over a year. We finally got pregnant with our daughter but it took a very long time! I know it is kind of gross but I think this was the secret to our success...don't go "clean up" right afterward. Lay on your back, put a pillow under your butt and stay there for at least 30 minutes. Let gravity give his little soldiers a helping hand! Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2008