One centimeter dilated, how much longer?

went to the drs yesterday and she checked my cervix. i am 1 cm dilated, so far. im 37 wks with 2 days and im not sure how much longer it will be.
sharp back and abdomen pains that last anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds, but no mucus plug and no breaking of water. . .
i have the group b strep and i have to go to the hospital four hours before delivery so i can get the antidotes. . . its severely dangerous for baby, and im not sure about me.
how much longer will it be before i go into labor?

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was told that you can be dilated at 1 cm for up to 3 weeks
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 5:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• o mi god. ugh. i cant wait 3 freaking weeks.!!
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• You can be in active labor without dilating. However, it could be tonight, tomorrow or 3 weeks from now.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Some people walk around 1 cm dilated for months. Unfortunately it's really not a good way to figure out when you're going to have the baby.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• 2 weeks 5days and 7 hours
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• LOL everyone is different you can go next week or even passed your due date.
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I have been 1 cm for about 2 weeks now. I also have strep B and was very concerned that I would not get to the hospital in time for the antibiotics. My doc told me that there is usually enough time during the pushing process and if so some reason they feel that it didnt have enough time to get into your system they just monitor the baby for the next 24 hours not really that big of a deal :) I want an all natural birth and really dont want to go to the hospital until its time to get ready to push so this news was very reassuring. I have been having contractions about 15 minutes apart and lasting about 45- 60 seconds for the last 3 days as well. Im getting very inpatient so Ive been up walking and doing chores to kinda help move my labor along :) So Im right there with ya girl!!

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 6:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Its not severely dangerous to the baby either as long as they know you are a carrier, only about 1 in every 200 babies contract it. So try not to worry!

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 6:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I was at 1 cm for 4 weeks before I went into labor. You can go into labor any day now or it could be another month. Ya never know. I know waiting sucks but its worth it. Just enjoy the time you have now because after baby is here you wont get much rest or time to relax for a while.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I was 4cm dialated a month before my due date with my first son. So it can be tomorrow or next week or the week after that. Good Luck.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2011