How do you explain pregnancy pain to your man without sounding like you are complaining or whining?

Once in a while I get a shocking pain from a good kick and it causes me to jump or yell "Owie" in agony. He just looks at me in a way as if he is asking to explain what just happened.

I want to share with him the experience of being kicked, but I don't want to sound whiney. How do you do it?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When my bf gives me that look after i am moving aroudn looking uncomfortable or sighing I just say that I you would be uncomfortable to is you had a 3-4lb baby moving around inside of you!!! I do not think it is whiney if they ask than what are you supposed to say "oh nothing, just a kick to an organ!!"
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Kick him in the belly...jk
    umm...
    ask him has he been kicked. or place his hand very firmly to your belly usully gets the baby kicking so show him how you got a kicker.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• um lol i used the inside of my husbands cheek to try to show him how it felt when the baby moved... but with the pain part the best thing is probably a kick poke at his balls or something.... oh lol i also have explained to him how it feels when I have a completely over filled bladder when someone else is jumping on it.. that one is fun to do
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't. I mean, I don't bother too much. I "nicely" (yah, right.) let him know that I might need a shoulder rub or something to help. But otherwise, that is what my 1-2 hour long prenatal appointments and birth classes are for. And my friends, family.... :-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2008