Losing weight

I am 4'11 and I've gained 20lbs in less than a yr. I weigh 8lbs less than when I gave birth to my 8lb6oz son 2yrs ago. I weighed in@ a good 107lbs in March now I'm 125.5lbs(keep in mind im not even 5ft. tall). Has anyone had a sucessful diet and exercise who don't mind starting. I heard weight watchers was good but the weight comes off slow. Has anyone tried slim in6 or p90 or any program that has had good results and don't mind sharing. I'm tired of people asking if I'm expecting, its time for a change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you on any hormonal birth control? One depo shot made me gain like crazy after my first baby. I'll tell you how I lost the weight; once I got my hormones under control I simply started off slow with a half hour every morning of pilates (any pilates dvd will work) and enjoyed it so much that by the end of the month I had lost 20lbs and was up to an hour every morning of pilates and low impact cardio/aerobics. Then I got pregnant, lol. You don't need any special diet. Just a little exercise and common sense about your eating. No soda, no fast food, cut back on the junk. It's not hard. If you try all that and don't see results THEN look into something like Weight Watchers. Until then don't waste your money.
    MidnightMama911

Answer by MidnightMama911 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have an iud but its not the one with hormones. as for as that nothing hormonal in my system. never eally been on birth control used 2 of 3 patches in 2004 before all the warnings and that was it. I was trying to drink at least 8glasses of water at the beginning of the yr. I usually managed to get in 6 per day. Thats it. I don't really cook, my bf works@applebees and we eat out alot. I guess thats part of it. weightwatchers does have a cookbook that i saw in lowes. I can try that. My aunt has the actual book from the meeting so I can make a copy of her book so I can figure out what my intake should be. what dvd did workout to. and what kind of cardio exercises do you do? if you don't mind me asking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I do Weight Watchers and have lost 40 pounds. My average weight loss was 2 pounds a week, it might sound slow but it is healthy and I am learning new habits that will stick around so I am done being overweight for good!
    I love the support and accountability at the meetings. I learn something new each week.
    livandemsmamma

Answer by livandemsmamma at 4:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I am using something that helps people control their portions and eat less without feeling hungry. I love it, pm me for info
    SafeHabitForYou

Answer by SafeHabitForYou at 10:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008