Would this make you mad?

I thought long and hard about what to name my daughter. I wanted it to be something different(not common), yet a traditional name. Well, I found the most beautiful name IMO. Well, DH best's friend baby's mother had a daughter 4 months after me and used the same name . . KNOWING that was what I had just named my dd. First thing she said, when she found out I was having a girl was "What is she going to name her?" I'm livid. I know I don't own the name, but come on, she couldn't think of anything herself?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• That was rude in my oppinion my SIL's son and his wife named their baby Jack 4 months after our son Jack was born...still pisses me off.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• That would really bother me:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Some people are just like that, unfortunately. Just be flattered that she liked the name so much. It's not going to change so no use getting mad over it. Although it *is* annoying. Some people just can't think for themselves.
    MidnightMama911

Answer by MidnightMama911 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You should feel proud???/ uh, hell no!!!! IF and IF it is a pretty original name then yeah, be hurt and then you will move on.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Whatever you do don't name your next kid something to weird!!!!!!, I see a mom on here who named her kid "BURGANDY", I mean that is a strippers name to me., I can see another "color" name like Amber or Jade, but short of naming a kid brown, black, white or purple, don't try to get all fancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My dd name is nothing weird, like my name Bridget, its just not common. . . . I've never met anyone with that name in my whole life and now she gives that same name to her baby 4 months after I give my baby that name after asking what I was naming my daughter. My friend changed what she was going to name her kid, because the lady across the hall at the hospital named her baby the same name . . a total stranger And she deliberately stole a name that I thought long and hard about. It just pisses me off, ALL the names in the world!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I knew a girl once like...25 years ago in school named Bridgette, and other then that the famous Bridgette Bardot and Jane Fondas daughter, Bridgette Fonda. Beautiful name.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• just let it go if she brings up something about it just say whatever. i mean hey my mom was smart my first name is different (violeta) hate it ppl always prononced it violetta. and my moms friends sis name her dd violetta lol wtf?? rite!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• momavanessa . .that is the exact situation WHY THE HELL would she name her kid that name Violeta . . that is a very different name . . . why would someone want to name their kid that knowing someone very close by already has it? Some people have no imagination or creativity of their own . . GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

And thank you Gigi . . I never been a huge fan of my name, but I have always liked that it is uncommon. When I said I never met anyone with that name, I was talking about my dd name. Oddly enough in high school, my best friends little sisters was also named Bridget. However, we were born in different states so it wasn't like this situation (it was my name first though . . lol)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• okay, i am really curios now..... what is your daughters name? i named my daughter a very unique name as well. it took me and my husband 5 years to get pregnant with her so i wanted to name her every name i could think of that had meaning and i came up with this, her first name is Airinskylar, all together no spaces in it, her dad's name is aaron and we loved the name skylar for a girl so we put it together and that is her first name, she also has two middle names. the first middle name is her aunts and great grandmothers middle name and her second middle name is her fathers and great grandfathers middle name. poor kid, i know!! but no one in the world will ever have her name, ever!! as for this girl who stole the name, just make a nickname for her daughter and call her the nickname and not your daughters name!
    JANEDOE5683

Answer by JANEDOE5683 at 4:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008