Does anyone have any advice for breastfeeding when it comes to "inverted nipples"?

Alyson28

Asked by Alyson28 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure about inverted exactly, but my sister and I had to use the nipple shield to help "pop them out", LOL. :) Here is a link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2793358.
    Some of the reviewers mentioned they had inverted nipples and it worked for them - so hopefully it can help you out. :)
    lilchickmamma

Answer by lilchickmamma at 12:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I don't have inverted nipples but ever since I have been pumping I notice my nipple are not what you would call longer or harder but it pulls them out and more and it also helps my son to latch on better
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• get urself a lactation consultant that doesnt drive u nuts (some are like that). if they are really bad u can try a nipple sheild.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had the same problem. After nursing for a little while it popped out more. Find a consultant to help you out.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2008