Typing test

I am going for a job interview/test on Monday and part of it is a typing test. Has anyone ever taken one for a job before, and if so, what was it like? It is a secretarial type job. The only ones I have ever taken were like copying random words as fast as possible. Should I expect it to be like that, or do you think it would be more like copying a letter format?

Thanks!!

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 2:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I used to work for the state and had to take a typing test. It was in a letter format. The best advice I can give you is take your time and spell as many words correctly as you can. If you go fast, but have a ton of errors . . . well, none of those words count. So just relax and try to be as accurate as possible.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yeah, it probably will be in a paragraph or a letter form.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• go to typingtest.com...you can practice on there. The last place I worked actually used this site to do the typing test portion and if you failed it, they directed you to go practice and come back to try again.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 4:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008