im going t make a scrapbook and i want it to be for part of pregnancy but mainly when she is born and after...

i just dont know how to START it... im stuck...
i have so many things to use but dont know where to start... shuold i start with a page for "its a girl!" and go from there?? or what? im jjust lost im not a very crafty person but i would really like to do this so my daughter has something she can look back at when she is older too.... please any input! lol

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well, you did not know that she was a girl at first! You have pics of your positive pregnancy test, I would start there and go in chronological order.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i started with the baby shower, then the birth, and then her life. ita a lot of fun.
    nicholeluvslucy

Answer by nicholeluvslucy at 12:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I started my first page with pictures from the ultra sound, bought little sticker (found in many craft stores or departments) and picked paper that was pink (Ihad a girl too). Then I did a page that described trips to the doctor etc. Another for the baby shower, another for her birth. I did a page that did weights and other health things, one for growth, A page of first times (first tooth, steps, crawling, etc). with all of them I tried to keep pictures of each event. I left space in the back for other notes that I could add as well as pictures.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• Start out with ultrasound pictures then whatever comes next, baby shower, hospital photos, coming home. REMEMBER- THIS IS YOUR BABY SCRAPBOOK SO BE DIFFERENT- like in my girl's I put a page of Favorite Moments, Add personal touches and specialty pages if you want . Like a page of Baby's Firsts.
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Creative Memories has a nice baby album set of pages that will meet any need you have. Ck your book for a local consultant, they are so helpful and have classes with other mom's to share and compare info. You start where ever you are with things to put into it. Have FUN
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 7:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Did you take pictures of your belly from the beginning, like from the moment you found out you were pregnant? If you did I would start from there, and continue adding pictures of how your belly changed until the day you were told it was a girl (ultrasound pictures), I would then continue making a life page for each month since we change alot each month until they are born. The baby shower is closer to the end and I would add that, and then attach cards, pictures, and little momentos from the shower. I would keep doing that until you give birth. If you don't have picture of yourself from the beginning of the pregnancy then I would definitely start with the first ultrasound that you got that determined her sex.

You can check out my website www.craftycreations.stampinup.net for ideas as well. I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator.

Good Luck

Mai
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 7:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Whatever you decide to do, make sure you journal, journal, journal! Long after you are gone, reading your words will be more of a legacy to your child than any photos, mementos, etc. When my dad died I just couldn't get enough of his handwriting. I kept several things (even a canceled check) that had his handwriting on it. Scrapbooks are meant to be legacies but I think people overlook journaling as the key element.
    Anonymous