kid/baby models and actors

Does anyone on here have kids that act, model or do commercials? I'd like to get my baby into it but there are so many scams out there! I don't want to do anything that's a scam. Anyone know how to get into this business. If your kids do this how did you get them started? Everything I've found in my area only look for toddlers...but how do they find peoples baby's to be in tv shows.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Do not do anything that asks for money up front...it is a scam. You can look for open castings online and sometimes in the arts section of your local newspaper. You can also google modeling agencies and go from there. Just remember...no money.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 8 yo SIL is starting to get into modeling. She started out by doing pagents, and was approached by some modeling agency to get her started.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Don't do it, look at all the problems that these child actors and performers grow up to have. All parents think that their child is more beautiful and special than others.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Most of the child actors that have problems when their grown up...isn't because of the acting/publicity...it's because of their broken childhoods....which most if not all of them had.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yes, they do have broken childhoods because they don't get to have a normal childhood because of all the work they have to do and the publictity. Get your child into something like sports or dance, whatever they choose to do. My niece puts her daughter into beauty contest all the time and she usually wins. I try to ignore it and not encourage it when she talks to me about it because I think it's terrible. There will come a time when she's older and she doesn't win. I know things can be compititive in sports but this is more of an individual thing and it can hurt the child even more, let your child live a normal life doing what makes them happy.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I just want to say... I did it as a child... I had fun grew up nomarl and all that. It's kids who get pushed to the extreme that have issues. The only reason I stopped was because my mom was a single mom and just couldn't afford to miss work and tke me hours away to do it... we lived in a small town. But the social skills and the people I met while I did do it was amazing and it made me feel a lot better about myself. Sports can be just as bad as modeling and acting... its all about how hard its pushed or not pushed. If the child enjoys its absoultly stick with it! So ignore all the negetive... I did it, I loved it, I didn't turn out to be a druggy... or starve myself or anything like that... I'm still kid!!! It didn't stop me from having a childhood at all.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008