Working mother: Is your house always clean?

Single working moms or working moms of deployed spouses: Is your house always clean. I can't seem to keep up with mine and I am wondering if I need to keep beating myself up about it and work harder to keep it clean or just accept it some days and take a break to relax?

Asked by cloud144 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Of all the things I have to do in the day if my house isn't spotless I am not losing any sleep over it. I keep up with laundry, dishes, and trash, but everything else gets done when I have a chance. I would much rather have a messy house and spend time with my son than have a spotless house and not spend time with my son.

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I am neither of the above specified, but I am a working mom and would rather spend time with my child than clean. She won't remember that the island was covered in stuff, but she will remember that Mommy took the time to play and do crafts with her.

Answer by coala at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Just accept that some days the house will be messy. With kids running around and the dog running in and out, I am lucky if my house stays totally clean for one day. I make sure the kitchen and bathrooms stay clean though.

Answer by JayRo00 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Yes, that's a top priority for me. I work full time 3rd shift and have two kids but I need to have my house clean. My husband says I have OCD.

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• ha ha, no. my hubby and I work opposite shifts. we work full time too. I do what I can when I get home, but my 4 mo is awake and likes interaction, so I really don't get much done. some days are better than others. my hubby helps. he does most of the cooking and sometimes the dishes. to me that's helpful enough. I've learned to let things go since the baby was born.

Answer by mmsfirstone at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I work full time, my fiance works full time, opposite shift, and I just graduated with my MA. We have one child, two dogs, and my elderly Grandfather living with us. My grandmother lived with us too until she passed last month. There are some days where enough is enough and you are going to get some sleep with those dishes in the sink, the floor not mopped, and the laundry still sitting in the dryer. The clutter will be there in the morning and thats why dryer sheets were invented! :) No ones perfect, dont forget that you need to take some time too. And, just because your asking this means that your house is probably spotless and you're stressing for no reason! :)

Answer by jacobsmommy0109 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• Actually my house is a mess!!! LOL I am just so tired, that I dont want to move....And it made me think of this question!!!

Comment by cloud144 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• most of the time

Answer by smiley745 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• I'm a divorced mom who works full time out of the home. Although I have an apartment, yes, it's always clean.

Answer by rio_burb at 11:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2011

• my house is cleaner when I'm working...because I am out and about and know for a fact that if I stop nothing will get done...however if I am home all day I turn on the computer and sit there and have all day to get to the cleaning.....

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2011