would you be mad if your mil came to town to visit for a week and only came over to visit 1 day??

she stayed the whole week at her other sons house and only visited our house for one day and our houses are the same size and cleaner so wtf ?? oh yea this is the 1 st time she's seen our 6 month old and only the 2 nd time she's seen our 2 yr old . eww she is so stupid

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my house is cleaner sorry
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 3:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well my MIL lives with me so.... I'm just playing. I would be upset. Very. Cuz I think DH would be hurt by it and I don't like it when anyone upsets him.
    rethink911

Answer by rethink911 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Well atleast she visited once, my MIL has never in her life visited us, and me and my husband have been married for 4 yrs already, going on 5 yrs on Dec 21 :) But in a way i'm glad she hasn't came over, we don't need dramatic people like that in our life's. So just blow her off.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'd be thrilled. DH wouldn't have minded either, he doesn't like her very much either. Now if it was FIL yeah, I'd be hurt as would DH.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable at your house, especially if you think she is stupid. My mom lives nextdoor to me (my brother and GF and her daughter moved in with her a few months ago)and while she doesn't hear all the "OPINIONS and INSULTS) he has about her, I think she feels the "dislike" from him and THIS IS HIS MOTHER WHO LET THEM MOVE IN!!! Now she is always at my house, she gets her food and brings it to my house, her Soap opera comes on and she comes to my house. I really think ppl "feel" how you feel about them and choose not to be around them. Just a thought, not a personal attack.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sorry, but I would be grateful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!! I can't say NO enough times. She gets on my nerves, but I can rise above that, and have. After having invited her to our house on numerous occasions and being turned down, I don't extend any more invites. She hasn't seen my kids in over 1 year, the youngest doesn't even know her, how sad is that.....and she's only 20 min. away. I've washed my hands off her, the olive branch only extends so far before it snaps.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 8:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I am with anon. I would be jumping for joy!!! LOL!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 9:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't be too upset.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• OP...there has to be some reason that she isn't involved in yours and your childrens lives.It could be over some silly misunderstanding that you had no idea about. Have you asked her why? This would be a good way to jump start your relationship.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2008