What do you think of president Bush almost getting hit with that shoe?

what happened to the man that did it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i personally dont like bush, but i think it is disrespectful. To be done to anyone.
    And i think it shows just how immature, disrespectful and ridiculous some people are.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Not sure what happened to the man who did it!?! I don't like Bush either and I actually thought it was really funny when I heard about it. Then I watched the footage and I just wanted to give poor W a hug:) I felt really bad for him, but I will say I was impressed with his reflexes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think it's hilarious. Good thing it wasn't a more serious weapon than a shoe because the SS was really slow to get up there. Kelso it was meant to be disrespectful. In the Muslim world, showing the sole of a shoe or foot to someone is a sign of disrespect since it is thought to be the dirtiest part of the body. Re reading that sounds as if I'm trying to be b****y, but I'm not trying to be. What's funny is the guy said he spent months planning it. Really it took months to plan throwing a couple of shoes at a guys head?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yeah, he actually did have really good reflexes lol. but i heard the guy is going to get charged and could face a few years because it was assault on a world leader or something... i think he should too.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• LOL its okay it didnt sound bitchy lol.
    and even if it is meant to be disrespectful, they achieved it. But i think it totally shows how idiotic people can be.

and it took him that long to plan it? lol thats long....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i'm sorry the guy missed.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think it's old news. Bygones... ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think he handled it like a champ. Had it been any other world leader it would have been a much bigger deal. Americans are so intent on blaming themselves first that we are the reason other countries have lost respect for us (if they ever had it, which I don't believe for a second). Bush made a joke about it so that the humor would diffuse the situation. He handled it with class, too bad the libs can't see through their spite.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• This is just another show of the lack of respect some of you have for the office of the presidency. Even if you don't agree with a single thing the man has said or done (Chaotic) the office that he is in deserves respect! I am quite sure that if the current president elect is treated with anything other that explicit deference people like you will be screaming about it. PRESIDENT Bush did handle the situation with the class that he and his wife have shown their entire time in office.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It wasn't funny at all. Were was secret service?????Why didn't they do something after the first shoe was flying????When you watch the video you can see how slow the secret service was .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008