How can I fix her hair?

DD cut her hair today. Normally I'd be fine with it, and just let it grow out I mean it's just hair, but it's Christmas time. We will be in lots of Christmas pictures. Any ideas how to fix it. I have a couple of pics of it on my profile. Her hair comes down to her bottom, and she cut a chunk to where it is about 1 1/2 in long now. HELP!!

LolosMom

Asked by LolosMom at 3:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• If it is really close to the front have you though about bangs...side bangs? If thats not something you like than what I do with my DD's hair to keep it out of her eyes is a take about a one inch section by one inch section and pull it to the back part of her hair(off to the side a lil above the ear) and put it in a pony tail with a little clip or small bow. I can send you a picture if that didnt make sense lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• where on her hair did she cut it?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• maybe a cute holiday hat (with a big flower or something)....or maybe a bow would cover it up?....sorry im not real good at this
    AverysMommy0311

Answer by AverysMommy0311 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yeah where on her hair did she cut it? front? side back?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It is cut on the right front side of her head, right near her forehead. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a different Christmas outfit that has a matching hat. Grrr. I didn't want her to wear a hat for Christmas. Thanks ladies.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yeah you can do a side bang thing like Mikayla said.. or if its workable, take a 2 in section at the top of her head (where her bangs are and a little bit back from there) and pull it backward and make it a little puffed up but not too much and secure it with some bobby pins..

i hope that made sense....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My MIL and I thought about bangs, but it is a big enough section and goes back far enough that it would look really funny. The side bangs did give me an idea though, maybe if I do a side part it'll cover it. THANKS!!!
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I changed the part on my daughter's head after he hair was ripped out by a fan :(((( That was some sad shit. I was at school, my husband watching her, and she got too close to the fan and it ripped out a bunch of her hair. He didn't tell me when I got home, and the next day was getting her ready for preschool and she was missing a bunch of hair and I just got scared like she was sick. Anyway, just flip the part to the other side of the hair? Would that work?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• changing the part could work...but their might be a little bit of hair poking out. but with a clip that shouldnt be a problem, and if all you are worried about at the christmas pictures then use a lil bit of hairspray or gel to keep them in place
    I did add a pic of how I do my daughter hair to my profile, if you want to look at it and see if that is something you like...I think it would work GREAT for this situation.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Girl! I sympathize. My daughter has cut her hair about three times! Once she cut her bangs off to her scalp! That was horrible. You could try a very wide headband to push back her bangs and camoflouge the part she cut...that might get you through pictures.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008