Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

When should I have the baby? So scared/confused/unsure!

I am a teacher...a 1st year teacher. Our son will be 4 in a couple months. We were ready for a new baby and both agreed but now that I got a new teaching position I am not so sure what to do anymore. Do I really want to go into new job throwing up, etc. ? I get the summer off and thought it may be good to have the baby in the summer so then I could still have a job. I just dont know. Life is too short to play the waiting game right? If I waited until next month, then our baby would be due around May 24th which would be our last day of school. (Which I know that the baby could come early or later but at least my class would have me the majority of the entire school year and I would get the summer time with the baby before having to go back. And I would be more likely to keep my position right? ) If I wait two months the baby would be born in June sometime but I would have to most likely start back work in Aug. which would be less time with the baby. We were ttc the last 2 months but now Im not sure what I should do? Scared to be sick and start a new job! Scared that Ill regret waiting instead of seizing the moment. Just Scared! I have prayed about this. So I just am not sure what to do. Oh yeah I am fertile NOW! What do you all think? What should I do???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • I think you should put your child(ren) first.
    If you *need* the job now then do not try to conceive.
    But if you want babies, plan to be home with them. There will always be work, jobs, but babies need their mommies, especially in those earliest months & years.

    Answer by doulala at 3:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • I have been ttc for 2 years. Our daughter is 8 and we kept putting off having another one. Wait to get married, wait until we get a bigger house and when we finally decided to do it we aren't getting pregnant. Due to these reasons, if you want another one now, I would say go for it! But I do understand all of your reasons for not being sure. Good luck! This is a tough decision to make.

    Answer by Crzymom010203 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • I agree with doulala. Your children and family should come first, so go for it! I would see it this way... if you do get pregnant soon you know it's meant to be, if you don't, give your all at your new job. God knows the plans He has for you, trust in Him to provide the perfect time and resources. (",)

    Answer by TwincessMamma at 5:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • It's nice that you are thinking about all this. It really is. However don't forget to add reality in. You might not conceive immediately. Leave the timing to nature and deal with it when it happens. It would be nice if you could conceive for a summer baby, but we all know it might not happen. I say, quit stressing and just go for it.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • Wow...this is so much to think about!!! thanks for these great answers. I hope you continue to give more advice! Am still here listening.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • okay, good
    I will bump for you~ for more input!

    And maybe you can update us eventually, when you make some choices...



    Answer by doulala at 6:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2011

  • Yes. Thank you so much! You've been so helpful! I will definately keep you updated.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Hcg injection