What can I do to make more milk supply so I can start freezing it?

breastfeeding and pumping

motherofzander

Asked by motherofzander at 12:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I had to do was pump in between every feeding for a few days. It didn't matter how much came out each time I pumped, but it told my body to supply more milk.
    Kelbel80

Answer by Kelbel80 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Yeah, the more you nurse/pump, the more supply you have. "Supply on demand". Also, an herb called Fenugreek helps produce more milk too and it's absolutely safe for baby. :)
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 1:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I take fenugreek and have been for 2 months. I pump between feedings and right after one as well. For a week I pumped every half hour for 5 hrs each day. And now I pump every 10 min for an hour each night. as well after a feeding and between. HAve been doing so for 2 months and still have less than 6 bags in the freezer and fridge. We dont feed in the pumped milk either unless I'm at school.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 1:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Hey...do you mind if I send you a PM?
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 1:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• pump more. the more u remove from ur body the more u will make.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• fenugeek worked well for me to produce milk. your baby injests everything you do.please do your own research on fenugeek it is not made spasifically for breast milk it is a diatary supplement it just produces milk in lactating woman it is not for everyone!! I never had any problems with this product, aside from the bad very strong aftertaste and when you burp you can taste the nasty smell of the herb in your mouth.

PS GOOD LUCK KEEP PUMPING THOSE BREASTS GURL MAKE SURE THE BABY IS LATCHING ON RIGHT BREASTFEEING WAS VERY DIFFUCLT AND FUSTRATING FOR BOTH OF US BUT A BIG REASON FOR THAT IS CAUSE I WASNT PUTTING HIM TO MY BREAST AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD HAVE NOT ENOUGH PUMPING OR SUCKING SO THATS WHY I HAD TO RESORT TO FUIENGEEK.
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 1:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• HONESTLY ONCE I GOT THE HANG OF HIM LACHING ON AND HE HAD A GOOD GRIP AND I STARTED PUMPING MY BRESTS THE MILK STATRED SQURITING OUT ON ITS OWN. I DIDNT EVEN NEED THE FENUGEEEK. IF LATCHING ON TO THE NIPPLE IS THE PROBLEM AND YOUR SIMPLY NOT PUTTING ENOUGH EFFORT INTO PUMPING AND HAVING THE BABY CONSTANT AT YOUR BREAST. IF THIS CHANGES AND THE BABY AND YOU GET THIS THING DOWN PACK I WOULD LAY OFF THE PILLS CAUSE YOUR BREASTS WILL BE OVER FLOODING WITH MILK. HAVING TO LITTLE MILK CAN BE JUST AS MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE ASS AS PRODUCEING TO MUCH MILK YOUR BREASTS MAY LEEK WITCH I MUST SAY IS RATHER EMBRASSING. EITHER WAY ITS ALLOT O WORK.BUY PADS TO PROTECT YOUR SHIRT THROUGH LEEKING GOOD LUCK LOVE. OK AND BE PREPARED FOR YOUR BABY TO GET ADDICTED TO THE BREAST IT IT SWEET AND THEY LOVE IT.
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 1:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• he latches great since day one he's an awesome eater. the thing is is that I don't need more supply for him to eat off me I just need more supply to fill my freezer. he eats more than i can pump and freeze. And anyone wanting to send me a PM is more than welcome!
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008